1. How do I deactivate my Personal account?
Permanently deleting your account means you will not ever be able to reactivate or retrieve any of the content or information you've added. If you would like your account permanently deleted with no option for recovery, please contact Facebook.
Note: Facebook does not use content associated with accounts that have been deactivated or deleted.
If you can't get into your account: Reset your password.
To deactivate your account:
- Click the account menu 'gear' icon at the top right of any Facebook page
- Select Account Settings
- Click Security in the left-hand column
- Click Deactivate your account
When you deactivate your account, your timeline and all information associated with it disappears from Facebook immediately. People on Facebook will not be able to search for you or view any of your information.
If you'd like to come back to Facebook anytime after you've deactivated your account, you can reactivate your account by logging in with your email and password. Your timeline will be restored in its entirety (friends, photos, interests, etc.). Remember that you will need to have access to the login email address for your account in order to reactivate it.
2. How do I delete a Fan (Club) Page?
To permanently delete your Page, log into your Facebook account and then follow these instructions:
- From the top of your Page, click Edit Page
- Select Edit Settings
- Click Permanently delete [Your Page Name] at the bottom of the Page → Delete
You also have the option to unpublish your Page instead. If you choose to delete your Page, please note that this is permanent.
3. How can I download my information from Facebook?
You can download your information from the Account Settings page.
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Account Settings
- Click General in the left-hand column
- Click on "Download a copy of your Facebook data"
- Click Start My Archive
Because this download contains your timeline information, you should keep it secure and be careful when storing, sending or uploading it to any other services.
4. Exactly what info is included in a Facebook backup?
When you download your information your file will include:
- Your timeline information (ex: your contact information, interests, groups)
- Content that you and your friends have posted to your timeline
- Photos and videos that you have uploaded to your account
- Your friend list
- Notes you have created
- Events to which you have RSVP'd
- Your sent and received messages
- Any comments that you and your friends have made on your timeline posts, photos, and other timeline content
Note that Facebook store different types of data for different time periods, so they may not have all of your data since you joined Facebook.
5. What's a "pinned post"?
Pinned posts are Page posts that admins have chosen to display prominently at the top of their Page.
A pinned post always appears in the top left of a Page's timeline and has a flag in its top-right corner. A post a Page admin pins to the top of their Page will remain there for 7 days. After that, it'll return to the date it was posted on the Page's timeline.
Posts from people who like a Page are not eligible to be pinned posts. Page admins can only pin posts created by the Page.
6. How do I pin a post to the top of a group I'm an admin of?
Group admins can pin one post to the top of their group's page. Pinned posts remain at the top until they're removed or unpinned. To pin a post:
- Go to a post on the group's page
- Hover over the post and click the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner
- Click Pin Post
You can unpin a post by repeating the above steps and selecting Unpin Post from the dropdown.